For years the Omega 8000 series of juicers was top in its class for those looking for a quality horizontal masticating machine but that may soon change. Omega has recently released the NC800 HDS which offers the same great features and performance of the 8006 and 8004 but with some added improvements. Their goal is to take this current generation juicer to a whole new level and raise the bar and give other companies something to strive for. But did it hit the mark?
Nothing has changed when it comes to juice quality, except for an improvement in performance in certain key areas. For instance, with the omega NC800, juicing hard veggies or wheatgrass is quite impressive, even if you try to overload the feed chute on purpose. . In fact, it is better than centrifugal juicers in extracting quality and quantity juice and the end-product is always a nutrient dense, tasty glass of juice. We will give a quick breakdown here to highlight just some of what you can do with this little powerhouse of a juicer.
• A speed of 80 rotations per minute (RPM) – the NC800 juicer operates at an approximate speed of 80RPM and comes with a 150-Watt motor, which drives the auger.
• It has a solid auger – The auger is designed with GE ULTEM material to make it stronger to allow the user juice any vegetable or fruit such as ginger roots, beetroots or carrots, regardless of how hard it is.
• It has a larger feed chute – this is another improvement of this great juicer. Unlike other previous omega juicers, which come with relatively small feed chutes, NC800 model has a larger feed chute to allow you put more produce when juicing. In addition, you don’t need to pre-cut your fruits or veggies every time you want to make some juice. Its feed chute is approximately 25% larger than its previous versions.
• It has a powerful motor – because of this, the NC800 HDS is actually one of the best and quickest masticating juicer out there. Surprisingly, it makes less noise when juicing, so there is no need to worry about waking the neighbors.
• The pasta nozzles and bigger juicing screens – this particular masticating juicer comes with bread stick nozzle and an adjustable nozzle. It also contains a screen for the juice and another screen for solid food. Additionally, these screens have a positive effect on the yield and quality of juice as well.
• It has an adjustable end-cap with five settings – this is to gives you opportunity to manually control the amount of juice you need by facilitating the back pressure on the pulp. Actually, this new design and a few adjustments help you to extract a higher yield and quality juice from fruits or vegetables. Depending on how you adjust the end cap and which produce you are juicing, you will get about 10 – 20% of yield.
While the Omega NC800 is rated as the best masticating juicer of the year, it has multiple other uses besides juicing. Some of them are as follows:
• Pasta, baby food and nut butters can be prepared using this machine as well.
• It is also possible to make soy milk with this juicer.
• You can chop or mince your farm produce using this masticating juicer, as it is a great appliance for grinding beans.
1. The end product can be stored for longer hours – The omega NC800 is one of the best masticating juicer used to break down vegetables and fruits quite well and allows you to store your juice for up-to 72 hours compared to 30 minutes with centrifugal juicers.
2. It is quiet – in this regard, this is among the top for masticating juicers, which is a lot quieter than the conventional high-speed juicer models.
3. Makes high quality and tasty juice – in fact this is one of the most important things about this juice extractor. The juice is tastier compared to those made by other types of juicers. Whether you are juicing hard fruits, citrus, parsley, spinach, carrots or cabbage, all the juice come out fresh tasting.
4. Easy to clean – this particular masticating juicer is also designed in such a way it is easier to clean.
5. The NC800 model is made of sturdy materials and comes with a leading 15-year warranty.
Despite being one of the best masticating juicer on the market, it does have some drawbacks. For instance, it cannot squeeze a lot of juice out of soft fruits or veggies. For instance, if you try to extract the juice out of pears or pineapples, the end product will be like some sort of puree or sauce. It is therefore best only for hard fruits and veggies. It is also one of the higher priced juicers on the market so it will not fit into everyone’s budget.
Overall, the Omega NC800 HDS horizontal juicer offers a perfect solution to your juicing needs. This economical and efficient masticating juicer is quite simple and easy-to-use. The negligible power consumption and low noise levels are major benefits of this amazing model and it should be the go to juicer for anyone looking for the highest quality and most nutrient packed jui
Fruit or vegetable juice provides the body with the fuels needed for keeping a person active, energetic and cheerful. Furthermore, it only takes about 20-30 minutes to make any variety and as such everyone is encouraged to prepare their own fruit or vegetable juice at home rather than buying from the store. If you have read through all the juicer reviews looking for the top juice extractors and have finally decided to get one, then you should be ready to give it a good work out with the juicing recipes below.
Home-made juice is much healthier than processed as the latter normally comes with extra additives and fillers that can have some harmful effects to the body. Therefore, if you want to stay safe and healthy, sticking to home-made juice is the key. Here are some new and simple juicing recipes you can follow;
Carrot, Golden Beet and Orange Juice Recipe
Vegetable juice recipes are increasingly growing popular due to the fact that they have cleansing effects. Carrot, Golden Beet and Orange juice can be enjoyed as a healthy drink. It cleanses the digestive system since it is rich in dietary fiber. The other benefit of taking the juice is, it makes one feel full for the better part of the day hence helpful for those that wish to control their eating habits for weight loss.
1)1/2 inch fresh ginger.
2)2 golden beets.
4)4 cara cara navels.
5)1/2 cup water.
6)3 tablespoons sugar.
1) Thoroughly wash all the ingredients.
2) Peel ginger, carrots, beets and cara cara navels then place in juicer.
3) Turn the control knobs to set the juicer and blend for about 30 seconds before stopping to add water.
4) Repeat the same procedure until the ingredients are fully blended to fair thickness.
5) Transfer to a sizable jug and put in the refrigerator until cold.
6) Serve in cups.
Carrot Lemonade Juice
Carrot lemonade juice tastes refreshingly good and it only requires a few ingredients to make. It also makes a good base to experiment with especially for beginners. Each ingredient in this recipe blends well with almost any other ingredient so the chances of messing up are almost nil.
1)1 lemon (peeled).
3)1 apple with seeds and core removed.
1) Wash the lemon, carrot and apple thoroughly.
2) After thoroughly washing them, place in a juicer.
3) Turn the control knobs to set the juicer and juice for about 30 seconds before stopping to dilute with water.
4) Repeat the same procedure until the mixture is blended well and to fair thickness.
5) Transfer into a sizable jug and store in the refrigerator until cold.
6) Serve in cups.
Strawberry Banana Juice
This refreshingly tasty juice is made of a yummy blend of fresh strawberries, lime, ripe bananas and honey. This juice is easy to make and the ingredients readily available.
1) 2 chopped bananas.
2) 1/3 teaspoon lime juice.
3) 1 cup chopped ripe strawberries.
4) 2 whole strawberries with leafs. These will be used for garnishing.
5) 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar or honey (honey preferable).
6) 2 cups cold water.
1) Place banana chunks and adequate strawberry pieces in blender. Leave a few pieces of strawberry for garnishing.
2) Add 1 cup water, lime juice and honey then blend until perfectly smooth.
3) Add the remainder of the water and blend again for half a minute.
4) Transfer to a jug and store in the refrigerator until cold.
5) Pour in cups.
6) Arrange the remaining strawberries on every glass rim and serve.
NB: If you want a thick strawberry banana juice, use only a cup of water whereas if you need a light one, three cups water are necessary but thick is preferable.
Spinach Apple Juice
This juice tastes good and is loaded with calcium for healthy bones, vitamin A and C which act as antioxidants to reduce aging. Spinach apple juice is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients to prepare.
1)2 large stalks celery.
2)1 piece fresh ginger (peeled).
4)1/2 piece grapefruit (peeled with white core removed).
5)1/2 cups spinach.
6)2 green apples (sliced).
1) Place all the ingredients in the juicer and blend until perfectly smooth.
2) Fill 2 cups with ice and pour juice in the cups then serve immediately.
Just Juice It
Juicing is a great way to treat yourself to something cool and healthy, the best of both worlds. If you don’t have a juicer yet for your kitchen, then what are you waiting for? Any of the recipes above will come out great with either a centrifugal or a masticating type juicer. We prefer Omega juicing machines as they have performed well for us over the years, but that is more of a personal preference. Both Omega and Breville juice extractors are both highly ranked brands that dominate the top juicers reviews. It just depends on which kind of juicer best suits your needs. Budget, time, and juice quality are all important factors to consider when shopping for one of these appliances, but there is sure to be a model that is perfect for your family. The bottom line is that there is no better time to start juicing than right now.
Want yet another recipe? Here is a quick and simple way to make a green juice.
Sure we love toast, but today’s ovens can do a lot more than just brown slices of bread. They have advanced to the point where we really only need our full sized oven for only the biggest jobs. They are also small enough to take with us no matter when and where we might have to leave. But not only are they convenient to use, but they are also time savers. A smaller oven can take less time to cook with proper features, and they are super easy to clean. Less work and less time for a more rewarding time in the kitchen.
If you have a lot of mouths to feed you might be surprised with just how much these little ovens can handle. Below we will show you how you can take back control of your family’s eating habits and give them something healthy to devour without breaking a sweat.
Convection Cooking Speed
One of the great things about cooking with an oven that has a convection preset feature is that you get food that is evenly done and it can reduce the amount of time needed. These ovens have a fan which blows around the hot air and circulates it inside of the oven. This gets to all sides of the food making sure it is cooked properly all the way through. This process can also help you cut cook times to help you save some precious time. Not all toaster ovens have this feature and you will most likely have to pay a little more for one that comes with a convection setting, but they are worth it. It is also cheaper than buying a whole new full sized oven just for this feature. In the end you will end up saving a ton of money by getting a countertop oven.
Picking Your Ingredients
One of the advantages of preparing your own meals at home is that you know exactly what is going into your family’s mouths. You get to pick the ingredients and you can make fresh and healthy recipes that you all can enjoy. While there are plenty of delectable toaster oven recipes out there, you can also experiment with regular recipes that call for the use of a standard oven and get the same great results. With all of the fast food options that your kids typically encounter during the day, you can at least give them something that is healthy and nutritious at night. But these ovens are also great for a quick and healthy breakfast. In the end, you will have more control over how well your family eats by cooking for them yourself. Wouldn’t it be great to have something that makes that all a little bit easier to achieve?
Smaller ovens are generally going to be a lot easier to keep clean. The one thing that you have to watch out for when shopping for one of these new ovens is that you pick one with a crumb tray that is accessible from the front. That way you do not have to move the oven around a lot just to remove it. This is one of the more important aspects of a quality oven. Modern countertop toaster ovens usually have non stick surfaces which lets you wipe them down with just a wet cloth. Most of the top ovens also have stainless steel shells that are easy to remove any smudges. Toaster ovens in general are very low maintenance appliances.
A countertop oven is not going to be the most expensive tool in your kitchen, but the good ones are also not going to be cheap. Finding a quality convection countertop oven will run you somewhere around $200. There are nice options without a convection setting that are around half that. Depending on the size that you need and how many mouths that you have to feed, you can end up saving some more for a smaller unit.
You also have to remember that using these ovens may also offer you some energy savings which will put more money in your wallet in the long run. Why use a larger oven to bake a sheet of cookies when you do the same thing in a toaster oven quicker and cheaper? If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen and you love to cook, then getting one of these for your counter is going to pay off for you in the end.
Sure these little ovens can make you a great slice of toast, but they can also help you achieve a whole lot more. If you have been looking for ways to get your family to eat healthy without a lot of work, then getting a toaster oven is the route you should be taking. You won’t regret it.