Fruit or vegetable juice provides the body with the fuels needed for keeping a person active, energetic and cheerful. Furthermore, it only takes about 20-30 minutes to make any variety and as such everyone is encouraged to prepare their own fruit or vegetable juice at home rather than buying from the store. If you have read through all the juicer reviews looking for the top juice extractors and have finally decided to get one, then you should be ready to give it a good work out with the juicing recipes below.
Home-made juice is much healthier than processed as the latter normally comes with extra additives and fillers that can have some harmful effects to the body. Therefore, if you want to stay safe and healthy, sticking to home-made juice is the key. Here are some new and simple juicing recipes you can follow;
Carrot, Golden Beet and Orange Juice Recipe
Vegetable juice recipes are increasingly growing popular due to the fact that they have cleansing effects. Carrot, Golden Beet and Orange juice can be enjoyed as a healthy drink. It cleanses the digestive system since it is rich in dietary fiber. The other benefit of taking the juice is, it makes one feel full for the better part of the day hence helpful for those that wish to control their eating habits for weight loss.
1)1/2 inch fresh ginger.
2)2 golden beets.
4)4 cara cara navels.
5)1/2 cup water.
6)3 tablespoons sugar.
1) Thoroughly wash all the ingredients.
2) Peel ginger, carrots, beets and cara cara navels then place in juicer.
3) Turn the control knobs to set the juicer and blend for about 30 seconds before stopping to add water.
4) Repeat the same procedure until the ingredients are fully blended to fair thickness.
5) Transfer to a sizable jug and put in the refrigerator until cold.
6) Serve in cups.
Carrot Lemonade Juice
Carrot lemonade juice tastes refreshingly good and it only requires a few ingredients to make. It also makes a good base to experiment with especially for beginners. Each ingredient in this recipe blends well with almost any other ingredient so the chances of messing up are almost nil.
1)1 lemon (peeled).
3)1 apple with seeds and core removed.
1) Wash the lemon, carrot and apple thoroughly.
2) After thoroughly washing them, place in a juicer.
3) Turn the control knobs to set the juicer and juice for about 30 seconds before stopping to dilute with water.
4) Repeat the same procedure until the mixture is blended well and to fair thickness.
5) Transfer into a sizable jug and store in the refrigerator until cold.
6) Serve in cups.
Strawberry Banana Juice
This refreshingly tasty juice is made of a yummy blend of fresh strawberries, lime, ripe bananas and honey. This juice is easy to make and the ingredients readily available.
1) 2 chopped bananas.
2) 1/3 teaspoon lime juice.
3) 1 cup chopped ripe strawberries.
4) 2 whole strawberries with leafs. These will be used for garnishing.
5) 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar or honey (honey preferable).
6) 2 cups cold water.
1) Place banana chunks and adequate strawberry pieces in blender. Leave a few pieces of strawberry for garnishing.
2) Add 1 cup water, lime juice and honey then blend until perfectly smooth.
3) Add the remainder of the water and blend again for half a minute.
4) Transfer to a jug and store in the refrigerator until cold.
5) Pour in cups.
6) Arrange the remaining strawberries on every glass rim and serve.
NB: If you want a thick strawberry banana juice, use only a cup of water whereas if you need a light one, three cups water are necessary but thick is preferable.
Spinach Apple Juice
This juice tastes good and is loaded with calcium for healthy bones, vitamin A and C which act as antioxidants to reduce aging. Spinach apple juice is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients to prepare.
1)2 large stalks celery.
2)1 piece fresh ginger (peeled).
4)1/2 piece grapefruit (peeled with white core removed).
5)1/2 cups spinach.
6)2 green apples (sliced).
1) Place all the ingredients in the juicer and blend until perfectly smooth.
2) Fill 2 cups with ice and pour juice in the cups then serve immediately.
Just Juice It
Juicing is a great way to treat yourself to something cool and healthy, the best of both worlds. If you don’t have a juicer yet for your kitchen, then what are you waiting for? Any of the recipes above will come out great with either a centrifugal or a masticating type juicer. We prefer Omega juicing machines as they have performed well for us over the years, but that is more of a personal preference. Both Omega and Breville juice extractors are both highly ranked brands that dominate the top juicers reviews. It just depends on which kind of juicer best suits your needs. Budget, time, and juice quality are all important factors to consider when shopping for one of these appliances, but there is sure to be a model that is perfect for your family. The bottom line is that there is no better time to start juicing than right now.
Want yet another recipe? Here is a quick and simple way to make a green juice.