For years the Omega 8000 series of juicers was top in its class for those looking for a quality horizontal masticating machine but that may soon change. Omega has recently released the NC800 HDS which offers the same great features and performance of the 8006 and 8004 but with some added improvements. Their goal is to take this current generation juicer to a whole new level and raise the bar and give other companies something to strive for. But did it hit the mark?
Nothing has changed when it comes to juice quality, except for an improvement in performance in certain key areas. For instance, with the omega NC800, juicing hard veggies or wheatgrass is quite impressive, even if you try to overload the feed chute on purpose. . In fact, it is better than centrifugal juicers in extracting quality and quantity juice and the end-product is always a nutrient dense, tasty glass of juice. We will give a quick breakdown here to highlight just some of what you can do with this little powerhouse of a juicer.
• A speed of 80 rotations per minute (RPM) – the NC800 juicer operates at an approximate speed of 80RPM and comes with a 150-Watt motor, which drives the auger.
• It has a solid auger – The auger is designed with GE ULTEM material to make it stronger to allow the user juice any vegetable or fruit such as ginger roots, beetroots or carrots, regardless of how hard it is.
• It has a larger feed chute – this is another improvement of this great juicer. Unlike other previous omega juicers, which come with relatively small feed chutes, NC800 model has a larger feed chute to allow you put more produce when juicing. In addition, you don’t need to pre-cut your fruits or veggies every time you want to make some juice. Its feed chute is approximately 25% larger than its previous versions.
• It has a powerful motor – because of this, the NC800 HDS is actually one of the best and quickest masticating juicer out there. Surprisingly, it makes less noise when juicing, so there is no need to worry about waking the neighbors.
• The pasta nozzles and bigger juicing screens – this particular masticating juicer comes with bread stick nozzle and an adjustable nozzle. It also contains a screen for the juice and another screen for solid food. Additionally, these screens have a positive effect on the yield and quality of juice as well.
• It has an adjustable end-cap with five settings – this is to gives you opportunity to manually control the amount of juice you need by facilitating the back pressure on the pulp. Actually, this new design and a few adjustments help you to extract a higher yield and quality juice from fruits or vegetables. Depending on how you adjust the end cap and which produce you are juicing, you will get about 10 – 20% of yield.
While the Omega NC800 is rated as the best masticating juicer of the year, it has multiple other uses besides juicing. Some of them are as follows:
• Pasta, baby food and nut butters can be prepared using this machine as well.
• It is also possible to make soy milk with this juicer.
• You can chop or mince your farm produce using this masticating juicer, as it is a great appliance for grinding beans.
1. The end product can be stored for longer hours – The omega NC800 is one of the best masticating juicer used to break down vegetables and fruits quite well and allows you to store your juice for up-to 72 hours compared to 30 minutes with centrifugal juicers.
2. It is quiet – in this regard, this is among the top for masticating juicers, which is a lot quieter than the conventional high-speed juicer models.
3. Makes high quality and tasty juice – in fact this is one of the most important things about this juice extractor. The juice is tastier compared to those made by other types of juicers. Whether you are juicing hard fruits, citrus, parsley, spinach, carrots or cabbage, all the juice come out fresh tasting.
4. Easy to clean – this particular masticating juicer is also designed in such a way it is easier to clean.
5. The NC800 model is made of sturdy materials and comes with a leading 15-year warranty.
Despite being one of the best masticating juicer on the market, it does have some drawbacks. For instance, it cannot squeeze a lot of juice out of soft fruits or veggies. For instance, if you try to extract the juice out of pears or pineapples, the end product will be like some sort of puree or sauce. It is therefore best only for hard fruits and veggies. It is also one of the higher priced juicers on the market so it will not fit into everyone’s budget.
Overall, the Omega NC800 HDS horizontal juicer offers a perfect solution to your juicing needs. This economical and efficient masticating juicer is quite simple and easy-to-use. The negligible power consumption and low noise levels are major benefits of this amazing model and it should be the go to juicer for anyone looking for the highest quality and most nutrient packed jui